Full-length wintertime luxury, the Montreaux Coat’s elegant styling and rich details disguise a wealth of advanced technologies designed to keep you dry and warm. Durably water-resistant fabric sheds weather and our new water-resistant Down Defender 700-fill power down corrals heat for a civilized interior, even in wild winter conditions. A plush fleece lined torso and micro fleece internal cuff adds softness; the down-filled hood with removable fur ruff zips off for sunny days.
- Main Materials: 100% Polyester DWR 1.8 oz/yd
- Lining Material: 100% Polyester Embossed WR 1.8 oz/yd
- Insulation Material: 700 Fill Power Down with Down Defender
- Center Back Length (Base of neck to bottom of hem): 39in
- Fit: Regular Fit
- Weight: 2lbs 5.2oz (1054.6g)
What is it ?:
Marmot Down Defender is an insurance policy for your down garments. This specially treated highly water-resistant down offers an extra level of moisture protection for down garments exposed to wet environments. Down Defender helps prevent down from clumping and losing its loft when exposed to water, thereby greatly increasing its ability to keep you warm and comfortable.
- Stays drier 10 times longer than untreated down
- Maintains 150% more loft than untreated down in damp conditions
- Dries 30% faster than untreated down
- Treatment is PFOA and PFOS free
- Bluesign approved
Weve currently used Down Defender in our Snowsports, Urban Exploration and Kids collections.
How does it work ?:
The treatment coats the individual plumes of the down cluster with a DWR (durable water repellent) at the molecular level. It puts a hydrophobic layer on each individual plume of the cluster. This treatment is done during the down cleaning process. The finish is extremely durable allowing the down to maintain its water repellency over 20 washes. The treatment also enhances the downs integrity and the durability of the cluster helping to increase its longevity.
What are the benefits of this technology™:
Down Defender garments stay drier longer, maintain their loft better and dry faster than conventional untreated down jackets.
- Wash & Care:
Why do we encourage proper care of our clothing and gear?
Because you have invested in (or are thinking about investing in) one of the most technically advanced pieces of apparel or equipment youll ever own and we want to make sure you have the information you need to protect and care for your purchase. Proper care assures you will optimize the performance of your Marmot product and maximize its service-life.
- REMOVE FAUX FUR BEFORE WASHING
- Machine wash cold with front load washing machine
- Powdered detergent
- No fabric softeners
- Do not iron
- Do not bleach
- Do not dry clean
- Tumble dry low with tennis balls to fluff
- Close all fasteners